Thursday, February 28, 2002

Banana Bread Disaster

Not much new to report here. We played another round of "Show Us Your Hidden Talent" last Friday night, and there was a lot more nudity than the first time. In fact, for the grand finale, just before the bar started closing and the bartenders started kicking people out, the last guy of the night took off EVERYTHING except for his SOCKS!! And it was FREEEEZING out that night! Weirdo! Yes, we had lots of participants, but this time I'm just going to mention a few of the results: 10 middle fingers, 3 DOUBLE middle fingers, 6 moonings, 2 backflips, 3 little dances, 2 boob flashes, 4 tongues to nose, 2 guys pretended they were pregnant, 1 curtsey, 15 dirty looks, 1 talking belly button, five hot dog tongues... the list goes on and on. It was really fun. As I was writing those results, the tune of "On the 12th Day of Christmas" kept running through my head.

Last night I made chocolate banana bread, but it didn't turn out NEARLY as good as when I made it the first time. First I put one banana more than i was supposed to. I halved the entire recipe and then without thinking (duhhhhh) halved the TIME too (Obviously I WASN'T thinking!). So after 30 mins. (it was supposed to be in for 60) i pulled it out and it was still gooey and i kept putting it in for 7 more mins, 5 more mins, etc. and eventually i thought it was done and gently shook it over above a plate and it sorta ripped in half and wobbled, so i put it back together, put it BACK in the oven for 10 more mins, and then pulled it out. i dumped it over onto the plate AGAIN and this time the insides fell out but the edges stayed in the pan!!! Luckily i was able to gently lift the edge out of the pan and fit it over top the insides, so it sort of resembles a banana bread...

Hmmmm this has been a pretty normal week. Monday night, Julie, Jason and I hung out because it was Jason's last night in Athens for awhile. He left for LA on Tuesday! He's driving! By himself! Crazy! He was supposed to call us Tuesday night but he didn't. I wonder what he's up to!

Tonight I went to Zachary's with Summer to meet up with Julie and her roommates. Every weeknight, from 7-9, Zachary's has this thing called "Zachary's Daquiris," where daquiris are only $2! So I got two mango daquiris. Mmmmm....

And I think that's all I have to say.

No comments: