Wednesday, June 05, 2002

Blackout

So, since yesterday I had practically the entire evening free, I figured I would work on my website all night. I can't think of another time I'll have an entire free evening for awhile. However, at about 6:30 p.m., the power went out!! I was in the basement doing some situps, and I was staring at the ceiling as I was doing them, and all of a sudden, BOOM! No power. So when it started to get dark I had to decide what to do. I wasn't tired enough to go to bed yet, and i didn't want to hang around in the pitch dark. So I went uptown and had a couple beers with my friend Lauren. We went to Tony's, then to The Union. I decided that midnight would be a safe bet that the power would be back on. I was wrong. I got home at midnight and it was still completely dark. The whole block was blacked out. Adam was going to to out and hang out at his friend Zack's house, and sleep out there since they had power. I figured I would just drive to Mom and Dad's house, because even though their power was out too, they had their AC on all day long, so there house would've been much cooler. I ended up changing my mind though, and just staying at the apartment. At 3:50, all the lights in the house came on and it made a big sound. It totally woke me up, and scared the holy hell out of me!! The power then went off a couple more times throughout the night, and at least once today. SO ANNOYING! So I didn't get my tons of work done on the website.

Today was an alright day at work. I still feel kind of sick, so I wasn't the happiest ever. But it was okay. After work, Summer and I drove to Parkersburg. Rabecca lives there, and every Wednesday night at the River City Grill, it's Working Women's Wednesday. You get a free drink, and a ticket to win prizes. You can also win more free drinks. I won a prize. I won a CD - "Inside Traxx 2002," featuring Travis Tritt, Tim McGraw, Dwight Yoakam, etc. WOO HOO. Oh yeah, I also won two $10 gift certificates towards the purchase of BINGO tickets. Uh? Pretty funny prizes, I guess. Anyway we wanted to go there so we could talk with Melissa and Rabecca to see if there were any questions we had about our New Orleans trip, which is now just a week away! EEEEK!

Adam picked up some plants today from his friend Zack. So we'll finally have some plants in the house! I hope they do okay with the cats. Oh! I got my first DVD in the mail today. It'll be the first one in my collection. I got it from ebay, and it's the Shirley Temple movie, "The Little Princess." I think I'll go watch a little bit of that before I go to bed. I'll get to those BBQ pictures eventually...

No comments: