Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Embroidery

For Christmas this year, I decided to try embroidery. I had never done it before, but had a feeling I would like it! I did a couple of quick practice projects, but pretty much just threw myself right in. For Mer and Pete, I embroidered renditions of their kitties, Buster, Ed and Lily! Then, for Mom I did an applique/embroidery field of horses. The kind that I've always drawn that she loves. I had a lot of fun making these projects, and am proud of the way they turned out! I underestimated the amount of time they would take to complete, though, so for the last couple of weeks before Christmas, I was up until all hours of the night, putting in 5-8 hour nights of embroidery. Eek! But it was worth it! Here are the finished projects:















No comments: