Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Car Accident

So today, I was coming home from some errands, and I got into a car accident. The lights at the intersection were broken. My light was flashing red, which means "four-way stop." I stopped for a long time, made absolutely SURE no one was coming, and proceeded through. That is when I got hit by a guy flying through the light.

I guess his light was flashing YELLOW. Even though he apologized profusely to me, and the police officer said he was absolutely at fault, the insurance company is telling me there is a good chance that he will NOT be considered at fault, because his light was yellow and mine was red.

He had to be coming pretty fast up Columbus Road, because I sure didn't see him coming at ALL. This suuuuuuuuuucks! The good news is that the car is fixable. There was some fear that it would not be. Estimate $1,970.25! I sure hope I don't have to pay the deductible. I guess it'll take a few days to figure everything out. Here is my poor car:

From the police report. My vehicle is U-2.:

No comments: