Saturday, February 09, 2013

Tapas Cooking Club

The theme for this month's cooking club was Spanish tapas. Emily hosted. Nancy ended up having to cancel, because she got sick. I feel like of all the hardships one could experience in the world, having to miss cooking club is one of the worst. We all missed her!

I made sangria! Cheers!



Emily had some Spanish olives out for us to enjoy.



And some delicious manchego cheese with quince paste. Emily and Marc had this at their wedding and I LOVED it! I was excited to have it again!



Valerie made spiced chickpeas. It was way to easy to keep popping these in our mouths! MMM! A healthy snack.



Summer made a fresh gazpacho salsa topped with shrimp. This was so bright and zesty!



Emily made chorizo in red wine flame fried with brandy. This dish was especially awesome because of the FIRE!!!



Yumi made the cutest little stuffed squids in a tomato sauce.



Summer made tomato jelly, which she served with goat cheese on a baguette.



She also made beer and balsamic braised short rib on top of parsnip puree. So cute! And delish!



Emily's chorizo was hot and spicy.



Hmm, would I like a little sangria with my fruit? CHEERS!



Valerie made potato and kale cakes with a rouille. These little guys were awesome!



Emily made some scrumptious baked mussels.



I made these little manchego and cauliflower hand pies. Inside there was toasted hazelnuts with garlic, rosemary, and manchego cheese. The crust was a manchego cheese crust. And LOOK AT HOW CUTE THEY ARE!!! I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I totally nailed this recipe!!!! Toot toot tooty toot! I'm really new to the whole pie world, so it was a new frontier for me and I just couldn't have been happier with how they turned out. The recipe came from Martha Stewart. Here is the link: Roasted Cauliflower and Manchego Cheese Hand Pies.



Oh, hi!



Yumi made little baked apples, stuffed with all sorts of nutty deliciousness.



What an excellent cooking club!! It was great to have SO many delicious things to taste!

1 comment:

Jane said...

AMAZING!!!
I am dying over these photos of delicious delight.

Thanks for sharing as always.