Saturday, January 28, 2017

Happy New Year Cooking Club

I hosted the January cooking club, and I chose the theme Happy New Year! I rarely make it to midnight on New Year's Eve, so this was a fun way to celebrate the new year with my favorite friends. The parameters were to bring something appetizery, and to wear something sparkly!

I started things off with a bourbon champagne cocktail called the Seelbach. This has bourbon, Cointreau, bitters and champagne. Cheers!



Nancy brought little brie and jelly bites. So melty and good!



Emily brought her adorable infant baby! It was Gabrielle's one-month birthday. Don't worry, we didn't eat her. Baby's first cooking club!



Summer brought a favorite, honeycomb blue cheese bites!



She also made gooey chicken wings. Mmm.



Plus some wonton chips with a peanutty dipping sauce.



I made Smitten Kitchen's creamed mushrooms on toast. Boy, do I love mushrooms!



Emily made little pulled pork sliders, and she even made homemade whole wheat buns! Look at how CUTE they are!



She also brought goat cheese endive boats. Classic!



Valerie made crab cake bites! So cute!



I also made Smitten Kitchen's crushed peas with smoky tahini dressing.



Yumi made salmon wellingtons with pesto! She took photos of them for me before they went into the oven. GORGEOUS.



So cute!



SO MUCH FOOD. NOT COMPLAINING!



All together now!

No comments: