Wednesday, October 16, 2002

Bunny Wunnies

I wish it wasn't 11:25 PM because I should be in bed. Very very soon though... So I've been sick the past couple of days. I had to take off work. I had a fever, head cold, etc. It wasn't much fun. Bah. But I had a nice weekend! Friday night I cooked Yellow Chicken Curry with Sweet Potatoes. It was AWESOME. So that dinner was awesome, I cooked it for Adam, Summer, and Jason. Unfortunately, I underestimated how complicated it was, and I was at least an hour late serving my guests. Oh well. I'm making it again this Friday, except this time I'm going to do most of the big work the night before. Whew! Adam's friend Marc is coming into town so It'll be Adam, Marc and I eating it this time. Mmm...



After that, Jason, Summer and I carved pumpkins. I made a cat. Summer made a fancy pattern with leaves and little faces, and Jason made a desert scene. It was REALLY cool. Maybe I can get him to get some pictures of it. Summer went home after pumpkin carving, and Jason and I played this VH1 Pop Up Video game that my aunt gave my mom to give to me, apparently my cousin left it behind when he moved to Texas. It was pretty fun.



Saturday is when Summer and I were embarking on our costume adventure. We decided we were going to be bunnies for Halloween. So we went to the fabric store at eleven o'clock Saturday morning. We bought all the materials we needed, and drove out to her house to get to work. We spent 10 hours on Saturday working on them. I took a break at one point to whip up some chili and cornbread, while Summer continued to sew. We got a LOT done. That night, Jason and I went uptown at midnight. It was homecoming, so there were a bazillion people in town. We ran into some friends at Tony's and hung out with them. Afterwards I decided to host an impromptu afterhours party. It was just the Jason, me, and the four people we met up with at Tony's, and it only lasted about 45 minutes. But it was fun!

Sunday I went out to Summer's at one to work on the costumes some more. Six hours later, we were DONE!!! They look AWESOME. Mine is light gray and Summer's is dark gray.








There are only a couple last minute things we need to perfect, such as making the tails stay on better, and adding lining to the entire costume. Right now only the hood has lining. Summer is in Vegas right now, but she's coming back on Saturday, and on Sunday we're going to do the finishing touches. Of COURSE, I will post more pictures, when I have pictures of both us us, and pictures of us with some face paint on and stuff.

Eeeek I'm excited because this Saturday I get to go to a WEINER ROAST!! It's a work thing, and it's going to be FUN. There will be so much awesome food there, and I can't wait to pig out! I loooove fall.

Oh, I have a new picture to show! In early September, a friend of a family friend drove into Athens from Chicago. She has hand-beaded and decorated her entire car, as a tribute to her father! My whole family was out in the yard, staring. It was unbelievable. There were a million different cool things to look at. My uncle took a bunch of pictures of it.

No comments: