Thursday, June 17, 2004

Double Surprise!

This weekend was so fun because it was finally Yumis' Double Surprise Bridal Shower and Bachelorette Party! Summer and I have been planning it forever and it finally happened! It was a huge success, too. It's fun to plan surprise parties!

First, we told Yumi that mom invited her, Summer and me over for a small girl's dinner at her house. Yumi thought that was "so sweet!" SUCKA! The guests met at my house, and we carpooled up to mom and dad's so there would be no suspicious cars there. Summer and I had decorated the house earlier that day. We brought our presents in and sipped wine, waiting for Yumi to arrive. Mom burned a CD of wedding music, and had it all cued up so that when Yumi arrived, we blasted "Here Comes the Bride!" and all yelled "SURPRISE!" So much fun.

Then dad grilled some amazing chicken. We also had salad, orzo, and grilled veggies. After dinner we opened presents and had angelfood cake with a strawberry liquor sauce. YUM. Then we told Yumi we were all going to go uptown to the bars, but first stop by my house for one beer. However, at my house we had decorated everything with photos of naked men, and penis shaped balloons! When she arrived at my house we yelled "SURPRISE!" again! Welcome to your bachelorette party!!!!

We wore tiaras, put on fake tattoos, danced, opened more presents, played Pin the Penis on the Naked Man, ate penis cupcakes, played Ring of Fire, and had snacks! THEN we went uptown. Yumi wore her tiara with flowing ribbons from her gifts uptown. What a fun night!



Click here for photos.

Charlie sat on my lap the whole time and helped me put the photos online:





In other news, I just started making tacos. I had no idea store-bought taco shells weren't horrible for you! They're not bad at all! The tacos are delicious and Adam has proclaimed me "The Taco Queen."

No comments: