Saturday, July 22, 2017

Brew Week Cooking Club

I was the host of July's Cooking Club, and since Brew Week just ended, I felt inspired to do a Brew Week Cooking Club! Make a dish, and pair it with a beer that complements it. Yumi got us started with corn fritters and a Thai basil dipping sauce. Paired with a light and refreshing Chang!



Emily made a giant plaster of grilled summery vegetables.



She paired it with a growler of the dark and roasty 97 Columbus, Imperial Black Ale from Devil's Kettle Brewing.



Summer made an appetizer of fresh peaches with mozzarella, fresh basil, and fancy balsamic vinegar.



She paired it with Kentucky Peach Barrel Wheat Ale! Great pairing.



I made garlicky rosemary grilled shrimp with lemon, paired with Ommegang Hennepin Saison.



Summer also made ceviche, paired with Deschutes Hop Slice Summer Ale. Mmm, hoppy!



When I realized that Felix LOVED the shrimp tails (after Googling it of course, to make sure they were okay for him to eat), I went through the garbage (they were on the very top) to pick out the best selections for him. Look at him hopefully watching! Summer captured the moment.



Please, oh PLEASE, PLEASE can I have some shrimp tails? I am being so good and so patient, and I am SO handsome. PLEASE.



Nancy made a rich chocolate beer ice cream, and paired it with Founders Sumatra Mountain brown ale brewed with sumatra coffee. The ice cream was served with a raspberry sauce. Perfect end to a night of deliciousness!



This photo of Summer enjoying ice cream reminds me sort of of a Renaissance painting. With lots of empty beer bottles.

No comments: