Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Cupid, Draw Back Your Bow-oh-oh...

Today I started my Halloween costume! I decided that I wanted to be Cupid. But not diaper-wearing baby cupid, I’m going to be The Angel of Love in a poofy pink dress with red hearts, little glove things with hearts on them, a quiver full of arrows and a bow, wings, and hot pink fishnets with red heels. The vision came to me in the shower yesterday morning. Here is what I hope it will look like:

Actually I realized that I needed a bow and arrows, not a wand. So forget about the wand. I’m not the love FAIRY.

I went to JoAnn Fabrics yesterday and bought a pattern for a dress. It is going to be a LOT of work. I didn’t realize that I chose an IMPOSSIBLE pattern with HORRIBLE directions. I swear this pattern must be intended for EXTREME EXPERT SEWERS. Unfortunately, it didn’t say that on the package. This is the pattern:

I’m working on the costume at mom’s house. I was hoping to do it all by myself, but it appears that I will be needing a lot of assistance.

In further news, my birthday CONTINUES! I never had a birthday dinner with my parents, since I was on a plane to Seattle, so they had Adam and I over for lamb chops, salad, zuchinni with parmesan, and PUMPKIN CAKE. Mom knows that I love things with pumpkin in them, so she found this amazing recipe from Cooking Light, for pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting. It was unbelievable. Everyone had seconds, and mom and I usually don’t have seconds of dessert. Happy birthday to meeeeeeee… still!….

No comments: