Thursday, October 21, 2004

The Hours

WHOOH. I finished the costume last night. It was SO HARD. Mom logged countless hours helping me, and I totally appreciate it. I couldn’t have done it without her. I learned a lot more about sewing during the project, and I feel like I could create anything now! I’ll be taking pictures soon. When I got home, I painted my nails in preperation for the costume. Pink with red hearts.

Here is the grand total of time we spent on the costume:

Wednesday: 3:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (4.5 hours)

Thursday: 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (7 hours)

Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. at mom's house, 10:45 - 3:00 A.M. at my house (18 hours!!!!!!!!)

Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 10:45 p.m. (12 hours 45 minutes)

Monday - 6:00 - 10:00 (4 hours)

Tuesday: 5:30 - 7:30 (2 hours)

Wednesday: 5:30 - 8:00, 9:00 - 11:00 (4.5 hours)

FIFTY TWO HOURS, AND FORTY FIVE MINUTES. That is a lot of hours. I guess there were a few short eating breaks in there, but still.

Today after work, I’m going to the Blue Gator to see Sarah Jessica Parker speak. It’s a pro-Kerry rally. I’m really excited! I have my camera. Julie and I are hoping we can get her to go to Casa for dinner with us afterwards. If not, we hope she will at LEAST drink a beer with us. At the very very least, we hope that she’s wearing some amazing shoes, and that we get to see them.

No comments: