Sunday, May 29, 2005

Deck Science

Today, Suzanne and I spent the afternoon with Summer enjoying the sunshine on her deck. At one point, I said, "It sure would be nice if I didn't have to sit up to have a drink of my Mango Rum Punch."

Summer said, "Hold that thought!" and ran inside to get some straws. A Mr. Wizard-style experiment ensued. She built an arch out of the straws, spanning the distance from my drink to my mouth. Suspense was in the air as we waited to see if I would actually be able to create enough suction WHILE UPSIDE DOWN to enjoy the drink, and I was!

Since this scientific breakthrough was so exciting, we decided the moment clearly needed photographic documentation. I hadn't brought my camera with me that afternoon, so it sure was a good thing that I recently got myself a camera phone!





No comments: