Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hotdish #5: Curried Chicken Thighs with Buttery Croutons

Tonight I made the fifth Eating Well hotdish. Curried Chicken Thighs with Buttery Croutons!



This casserole left me with a battle scar. I burned myself!! I had forgotten that last week the electrician had moved the rack inside my oven up to the top, and I'm so used to just sliding dishes into the oven at the usual height that I singed my hand against the top of the oven! YOUCH.



But I've got to say it was probably worth it, because the hotdish turned out AMAZING. I used chicken breasts instead of thighs, and it was sooooo good. I cooked up a batch of basmati rice to serve it on, because it makes a lot of yummy sauce. The peas were a crisp and bright addition to the dish, and the buttery croutons were great.



Paired with a fresh salad from Mom, it was a wonderful dish!



Here is the link to the recipe.

11/28/10 UPDATE: Here is how the burn is looking a week later. OW!

No comments: