Saturday, June 25, 2005

First Cookout of the Summer & DREAM BOOTS!

Tonight, Adam and I had Mom and Dad over for a cookout! We made Greek turkey burgers, and Greek couscous. Mom brought over a cherry crisp! The weather was perfect and the food was awesome. Dad was showing off his iPod. The first picture is Adam, Dad and Mom doing a catalog pose. Haha!













Also, this week my DREAM BOOTS arrived in the mail. I have been coveting a pair of Frye cowboy boots for about 3 years now? When I saw this year's seasonal boots, the Austin Cutout boot in Coral, I knew I had found the ones. Unfortunately, they are $289.00!!! But I found a pair on Ebay for only $100. I ordered them, and then waited in agonizing suspense for them to arrive, praying that they would fit. I did everything I could, including measuring my feet, perusing cowboy boot measurement pages, and even trying on a pair of Frye's on my trip to Chicago. All signs indicated they would fit, and they DO. They're perfect! Mom did a little boot photo shoot in our front yard during the cookout.

I conditioned them with Mom's special saddle cream stuff after the photo shoot, so they're actually a tad darker now than they are in these pictures, but I like them even BETTER that way. Maybe I'll put new pictures up soon. That kitty at my feet is our neighbor's cat Batman.











No comments: