Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pot Pie

Ben has been begging for me to make him a chicken pot pie for a long time. Years, I think! I have been intimidated by pie crust. I have never made my own crust before! Once I made a biscuit-topped chicken pie, hoping that would satisfy him. Although he admitted it was delicious, he observed that it wasn't REALLY a pot pie.

One of the recent issues of Martha Stewart Food magazine had a little feature on pot pies. It offered a recipe for classic chicken pot pie, and three different variations. Feeling bold, I announced that I was going to make them ALL! Ben jumped up and down! I started this project tonight. I began with the classic recipe, although I did add dill to the crust. Pretty adventurous for a first timer!

Behold, my very first chicken pot pie. Isn't it ugly?! I had to piece it together like a jigsaw puzzle. But it TASTED delicious!

No comments: