Friday, April 29, 2005

First Grownup Cake

So tonight I made my first ever real grownup cake, as in not-from-a-box. I made this lemon pound cake with a sugar glaze. You put the glaze on top of the cake when it's still hot, and it crystallizes and turns crunchy and it's delicious. I wanted to make Adam a cake for his birthday, and this is the cake he requested! The cake turned out delicious, but not beautiful. Parts of the top stuck to the angel food cake pan when I tried to get the cake out! I tried to put the pieces back together like a puzzle. So yeah, it wasn't a masterpiece, but it TASTED perfect!







We went over to Mom and Dad's for dinner. They made steaks, baked potatoes, garlic bread and salad. We had lots of red wine and some birthday white russians. And some PBR. It was a fun birthday party. We listened to some tunes, Adam opened some presents, and we had a delicious dinner. Once we cut into the cake, you almost couldn't even tell that the top was ugly.





If you want to try making this delicious cake yourself, here is the recipe:

No comments: