Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

I had a fabulous Thanksgiving this year! We celebrated at my sister's new house. Photos coming soon. The day was great from the minute I woke up. I woke up to my cell phone ringing, it was my sister telling me it was time for PANCAKES! Whole wheat pancakes with bananas and walnuts. YUM. Then I helped Renee make egg nog (mostly I just watched), and went home for a bit.

Then Adam and I returned for dinner at 4. Mer has this Thanksgiving tradition where she, Beth, and Renee (and their SO's) take turns hosting Thanksgiving. This year it was in Athens. Also, Mom and Dad and Kaleb came. We had turkey, and all the side dishes, AND pork. This was the best pork I had ever had in my life! The marinade was basil, cilantro, ginger, saki, soy sauce and heavy cream. YUM. We played a little bit of Dance Dance Revolution. Mostly we all hung out until about 1in the morning.



Click here for photos.

When I was little, my favorite thing to do at Thanksgiving time was to make a bird's eye view drawing of the Pilgrims and Indians at their Thanksgiving Feast. Feeling nostalgic, I made one this year!

No comments: