Saturday, July 19, 2014

Ohio Brew Week 2014

I got to sample a lot of delicious Ohio Brew Week beers this week! I ended up going out way more than I was expecting to. Not complaining! I started things off at the OU Inn Rock 'n' Roast on Friday night. I had a delicious Elevator Brewing Company IPA.



I also tried the Dark Horse Dark Lager.



Both were delicious. Cheers!



Lindsay's kids Caelyn and Asher danced up a storm to the Backwords Band!






On Tuesday night, I met friends at The Pigskin to enjoy a pint of my FAVORITE brew week beer, Willoughby Brewing Company Peanut Butter Cup Coffee Porter. Unfortunately, JUST LIKE LAST YEAR, they were completely out of it by the time I went! We would've gone on Monday, but we had a power outage and blah blah blah. Lesson learned: Get there early if you want the delicious peanut butter beer.

Just like last year, we headed across the street to the J Bar, because they also carry a peanut butter beer! Theirs is the Listermann Brewing Company Nutcase Peanut Butter Porter. A delicious beer for sure, but not the one I yearn for.



At this point I ran into Pat, and we decided to try some samples together! We tried the Triple Digit Chickow! – Hazelnut Double Brown Ale, which was AWESOME! It kind of tasted like Whoppers. Mmm, Whoppers.



Then we went to The Pub, to taste the  Rocky River Brewing Co. Oompa Loompa Chocolate Stout – a beer I've enjoyed in years past. Yum.



We also tried the Mt. Carmel Brewing Co. Citra Saison and Nut Brown Ale.



As the week went on, I began to hear rumors that The Pigskin was going to get a couple more kegs of the Peanut Butter Cup Coffee Porter on Thursday. THE RUMORS WERE TRUE!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously, I went to The Pigskin on Thursday and enjoyed a DELICIOUS pint of my favorite Brew Week beer. It lived up to my memory! It had been TWO YEARS!!! Reunited!!



Hello!



Cheers!



On Friday, Tom was in town!!! So I was out for Brew Week festivities yet again! We went to Jackie O's. I chose a Warped Wing Brewing Co. Oatmeal Porter, and Tom got a Jackie O's Black IPA.



Later, we got some Jackie O's Chai-Spiced Baltic Mermen and they were AMAZING!!!!



We ended the evening at Casa for dinner, where they had Great Lakes Brewing Company's Wandering Pelican Black Ale. Tom got the full-sized, and I got the mini. Don't they look like mama and baby beers???



Saturday was Tom's last day in town, so we met up one last time. He was excited to check out the new West End Ciderhouse! I have to admit, I was a little beered out by this point, so I suggested a round of Bloody Marys! Yang came, too!



Their Bloody Mary is amazing. I would definitely say it's tied with Casa for the best Bloody in town!





Happy Brew Week, see you next year!

No comments: