Saturday, March 26, 2016

Public Service Announcement: Pill Cartons

This morning as I was getting ready to head to the grocery store, I developed a bit of an upset stomach. I reached into the medicine cabinet to grab a couple of Kroger brand anti-diarrheal tablets, the standard dosage of which is two.



They look like this:



What I didn't realize, and didn't figure out until almost 9 p.m. tonight, was that I ACTUALLY grabbed THIS:



Doesn't the package for those nighttime sleep aid pills look VERY similar to the ant-diarrheal pills??? The pills themselves look the same, too! LOOK!



The kicker is that the dosage for the nighttime sleep aid pills is just ONE pill, so I totally took a double dose of sleeping pills at 10:45 a.m this morning. I felt a little off (dreamy?) while grocery shopping, and then as I was driving home, I couldn't BELIEVE how tired I was. "It sure would feel good to take a little nap!" I couldn't figure out what was going on. I didn't stay up late last night! I only had two small drinks last night, it couldn't be a hangover! When I got home, Ben unloaded the groceries, while I laid on the couch for fifteen minutes. I couldn't afford to rest for longer than that though, because we had dog training that afternoon! Places to be, things to do. I was like, "Suck it UP, Kate!"

I went to dog training and felt like a zombie and was sort of worried that I was coming down with some sort of chronic fatigue illness. I had plans to walk to Casa with Mom at 5 p.m. to see the Randys play their early show. As we walked, I was telling her how TIRED I had felt all day and how I wasn't sure WHY! That I was glad we were walking because I almost didn't even feel competent to drive (red flag much?!)! And also how THIRSTY I was! I had just chugged two cans of seltzer water and was still COMPLETELY parched!! (The Kroger nighttime sleep aids are decongestants!) I started feeling marginally better during the show (it's impossible not to feel great during a Randys show!), which makes sense because the pills were finally wearing off.

When I got home from the show and was getting ready for bed, I noticed the package of pills and finally everything made sense. I laughed with relief! But whoa, what a waste of a day! The moral of the story is, pay attention to your pill cartons. Duh, right?

No comments: