Sunday, April 18, 2021

Unicorn Batik

My Grandmother Erlewine was an artist, and one of her favorite mediums was batik. Everyone in the family has several batiks hung on the walls in their homes! Recently, my cousins and I were having a discussion on Facebook where we were sharing pictures of the batiks we have, and my cousin Ravyn revealed that she had a UNICORN batik!!!!! I didn't even know that Grandma ever made unicorn batiks, and unicorns are my favorite!!!!

It turns out that Ravyn actually had TWO of this particular orange (my favorite color!!!) unicorn batik, and she generously offered to give me one! I was beyond overjoyed!! She mailed it to me, and the first thing I did was get it steamed at the dry cleaner's.

A lovely note from Ravyn.

Next, I took it to the framing store to get it framed!

And then I hung it in my home! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!

I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have discovered this new very special piece of art by my Grandma. Thank you, Ravyn!!

No comments: