Monday, October 07, 2002

August Through September

It's ALIVE! My website has come back to life!!!

Hmmm. You'll probably notice that if you click on "back", you go to July, when it would make more sense to go to September. Well, the reality of the situation is that I haven't updated this thing since July. Shame on me!! Oh well. Maybe later I'll do some sort of "recap" for months where I never wrote. Or maybe I won't.

Well, it's Monday. This was a pretty fun weekend! Friday night, Adam and I drove to Belpre for our friend's birthday party. His wife got him a surprise - a limo to drive us around for the night! But it wasn't to arrive until 10 PM, so we hung out from 7-10. Rabecca (the host) and various other helpers had cooked a Mexican Feast. It was delicious. Chad (the birthday boy) made one of his infamous punches. His punch is always delicious!

So at 10 PM, the "limo" arrived. Turns out the guy decided to bring a short bus instead! It was like a mini tour bus or something. The seats were like couches and went around the perimeter of the bus. The middle section (the floor) was taken up by the various coolers that we brought. It's actually a lot better that the guy brought this bus thing, because there were 18 of us, and we wouldn't have all fit inside the limo!! It was pretty crowded in the bus, but it was FUN! When I get pics, I'll post them.

The limo/bus drove us around to various bars, from Marietta to Parkersburg. It was tons of fun. At the end of the night it drove us home and we stood around and snacked on leftovers! Wheee! Saturday night we were all a bit tired from Friday night. Summer and I were supposed to meet Jason to see Sweet Home Alabama, but he thought we meant Movies 10, and we went to The Athena, so we didn't quite all get to see it together. I even smuggled in some popcorn for Jason! I don't really like movie popcorn, so I microwaved my own at home and separated it into little bags for Summer, Jason and I (just call me Martha Stewart!), and snuck them in. Since Jason wasn't there, I got to eat his portion! Cha ching! That night, Summer, Jason and I went out to Summer's friend Myron's bonfire party. I guess he usually has a couple a year, and Summer had no idea if it was going to be big or small.

Well, it was BIG! "Parking" was in the field, there was a huge bonfire, a band, and a PORTA POTTY! That PROVES it's a big party. We stayed there until about midnight then went home. Sunday night, my parents cooked a turkey dinner! YUM! That was a nice surprise. Mmm.

So that's it for this weekend. Let's see, what happened in August and September that's worth mentioning...

In August, I went on two vacations! Vacation #1 was with Adam, we flew to Atlanta to hang out with some of our friends. Atlanta was a neat place! We had a good time. Except Adam and I were playing catch-the-tennis-ball in a pool, and at one point, the ball came HURTLING down from above, and stoved my finger!! It swelled up and got bruised. And the sad part is that it STILL HURTS! Not constantly, but if I bend it wrong. And it's kind of achey tonight. Maybe that's because it's getting cold outside. There's a frost advisory for tonight! I wonder if I'm going to become one of those people who have a body part that aches according to the weather. That would be kind of neat...

My second vacation was to Los Angeles to visit Jason! My other friend Amanda met us there also. That was really convenient, because now she is in Africa w/ Peace Corps for the next 2 years and 3 months! So Jason and I got to both hang out with her before she left. It was a fun trip. We did all the usual stuff, like visit Hollywood, Santa Monica, Melrose Avenue, 90210, Chinatown, etc. I have some pictures, hopefully I'll get around to posting some soon.

September was the greatest month ever because it was MY BIRTHDAY! I like to make my birthday last, and considering my present from Beth (my almost-birthday-twin, mine is the 23 hers is the 21) arrived today, that means my birthday lasted for WEEKS! Thanks, Beth! You rule! It was a special birthday because it was my "Golden Birthday," meaning I turn my age on the date. I turned 23 on the 23rd. Yay! A bunch of my friends (15 total) all met at Lui Lui's for dinner. We hung out there for a long time, eating and drinking wine. Then we met up at my house for a small party. There was foosball, darts, and BIRTHDAY CAKE! After awhile, we all headed uptown. It was a fun night. September is also Dad's birthday month - Happy Birthday, Dad!!!

Let's see, something fun that happened in late July was Summer's slip and slide party. It was AWESOME. The slide was really wide, and 100 FEET LONG! And there was even a LANDING POOL at the bottom!!! It was sooooo fast. After just sliding down began to lose its novelty, we all began sliding to the bottom and then racing each other up. Considering the fact that we were also pouring baby oil down the slide, this was a nearly impossible feat! Needless to say, we were covered in bruises the next day. It was definitely worth it though. I have pictures of that too.

Well, I think that's enough updating for tonight. I'll do better with updating this time around, I promise.

No comments: