Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Memorial Day Weekend & Final Detroit Trip



Click here for photos.

This was a great weekend! It started off on Friday at noon, when Melissa, Summer, Rabecca and Yumi met at my house to take off for Detroit. It was a fun five and a half hour car ride, and when we arrived we were ready to EAT! We went to a chain called Bahama Breeze. I had never heard of it before. They have FANCY tropical drinks! I had beef and chicken shish kabobs and rice. They were delicious. After dinner we went to this sports bar, "OverTyme" (dumb name!) and watched the Pistons/Pacers game. So unlike our normal plans! In fact, Adam joked as I was about to leave "You guys are going to the game tonight, right?" ha ha. But it was fun. They had pool tables and air hockey! Melissa kicked my butt at air hockey.

Saturday we woke up and headed out to go shopping. We shopped at a mall for awhile, then went to this Mexican Restaurant, The Prickly Pear. I had a sweet potato enchilada, it was very interesting! I had never had anything like it. Mmmm then I got Fudge Brownie Frozen Yogurt at Ben & Jerry's - my FAVORITE! Then some more shopping at Urban Outfitters and DSW. I got two pairs of shoes but I'm going to have to return one because they ended up hurting after I walked in them for awhile. Sucks because they're super cute.

When we were all shopped out, we headed back to Leighanna's. She made delicious Stouffer's vegetarian lasagna, breadsticks and salad for dinner. We got ready to go out. We went to this club Sevin. It was interesting. Lots of gogo dancers and fountains. Leighanna's friend Jay dropped us off at the club, then picked us up when we called him at the end of the night. It was a great setup, very nice of him! Especially having to deal with six squealing girls. We ended up hanging out and staying up late at Leighanna's after we got back.

Sunday morning we got up and took off for the long drive home. I was exhausted, so I didn't do much Sunday night. Read part of a magazine and then crashed! Monday, Memorial Day, Adam, our friend Jay and I headed to Belpre, Ohio for a cookout at Tracy and Jason's house. They live across the street from a playground so everyone played volleyball, frisbee, and wiffleball all day. There were forecasts of rain and storms and damaging winds all day, but it turned out calm and sunny and beautiful. Very lucky! We had margaritas, cheeseburgers, brats, and fun. Oh and there was some trampoline jumping too. Tonight I'm having my folks over for dinner! I'm going to make pasta with ground turkey, zucchini, mushrooms, onions and garlic. And red sauce. YUM.

No comments: