Thursday, May 19, 2005

Baltimore

I got home yesterday from a busy trip to Baltimore. NBIA hosted our conference there this year. Friday night, Mer and I stayed with Michelle and Aaron in Columbus, then flew to Baltimore early Saturday morning.

When we arrived at the hotel, we got ourselves organized. Our hotel had a WHOLE MALL inside of it!! And the escalator to the mall was about 20 feet away from the registration desk where I would be working all day! Saturday, I actually had some free time so I went and bought some shoes. Then I met up with Nika, a friend from my message board. She showed me around Baltimore!

We went paddleboating, visited the Baltimore National Aquarium, did some shopping, had dinner at the PaperMoon diner, then went out for pomegranate margaritas. Baltimore is really nice, I had a great time. Sunday, it was time to work! Sunday is the longest day, registration opens at 7:30 a.m. and doesn't close until 9 p.m. We had our 20th anniversary celebration that night, and had a delicious birthday cake!

I worked registration Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday morning, with Cheryl, Lindsay and Sarah. Conference went great, we got a ton of positive feedback. The hotel and surrounding area were gorgeous. I also managed to go out for some awesome seafood. Crabcakes. Mmm! Tomorrow I leave to visit Amanda in Bluffton, to see some baby goats!



Click here for photos.

No comments: