Saturday, May 07, 2005

Grownup Cake, Take Two

I decided to attempt the Fantastic Lemon Cake once again, to bring to tomorrow's Mother's Day dinner. Last time I attempted to bake this, it didn't turn out pretty like I had hoped. My Saturday night plan was to have a PBR, blast some music, and conquer this cake. All was well, and the cake came out of the pan just fine, with nothing sticking at all. However, I was taken by surprise when the middle part of the cake pan, the part with the tube, came out along with the cake!! So far, the cake was in perfect condition, so I just had to figure out how to gently get the cake off of the cake pan tube. I was so, so careful, and the cake was almost off safely, and then it effing broke in half. GRRR! It's a step in the right direction, but I swear upon... um.... CAKE that some day I will bake this perfectly.





No comments: