Wednesday, February 20, 2002

New Car!

Ahhh! I have slacked on my journal. How awful of me. But I've been pretty busy. Let's see if I can remember everything that's happened since my last entry. Last Wednesday, the only thing I remember doing for sure is lying around watching TV. Dawson's Creek and Glory Days, I believe. Thursday was Valentine's Day. Adam and I ordered dinner to pick up from Mistretta's. It was delicious! And we drank some wine. Mmmm.

Friday, right after work, I left for Detroit with Summer and Rabecca. We got to Leighanna's place after midnight. On Saturday, we drove to Ann Arbor to meet Emma and go shopping! We went around downtown for awhile, then went to Briarwood Mall, where I've actually been a few times when I was little. I went with my grandma! It was weird seeing that mall, because the last time I saw it I was a lot smaller! Saturday night was the night of the Breeders concert. It was in a place called the Magic Stick, which is connected to a place called the Majestic, which is a restaurant. Enclosed in this huge building, spread out over a number of areas, are a couple bars, a restaurant, a pizza lounge, a bowling alley, a pool hall, and a concert area. It was fun! We ate dinner at the Majestic. Actually, we just ordered appetizers and drinks. Our waitress was SOOOO NICE!!! And cool. She recommended appetizers to us, and also her favorite shot - an 18-wheeler. It kind of tasted like chocolate milk. After dinner, we went upstairs to see the Breeders. It was so fun! They were cool.

On Sunday, we went to the Gap Outlet and the Nike Outlet on our way back to Athens. That was great! I love outlets!!!! Monday I stayed home from work because I wasn't feeling well. So nothing eventful happened. Monday night I was feeling well enough to see a movie, so Jason and Julie and I saw Crossroads. It was definitely an experience. We were laughing the whole time. It was just ridiculous. Some parts of it were actually funny but mostly we were laughing at how dumb it was.

Okay but now I'm getting to the big news. On Tuesday, I BOUGHT A CAR!!!! Totally unexpected. The Volvo isn't doing too well, and needs a lot of work done to it, so Mom was going to buy a new used Subaru for herself and give me her old Subaru. I asked if it would be possible for me to trade the Subaru she'd be giving me in for a smaller Subaru. She said that she was going to Parkersburg that day to look at Subarus and that I could come. Well, while we were there, she decided that she didn't want to buy a new car til Fall anyway, so somehow we decided that I would buy myself a car! That is something I hadn't even considered! But it made sense. I got a white 2000 Subaru Impreza 4 door sedan. I LOVE IT! It was owned by this doctor who buys a brand new Subaru every 2 years and trades in his old one. And he took PERFECT care of it when he had it. So it is in great condition and I love it!!!! I am so excited! Not excited for car payments but hey, it's worth it! And that's my big exciting news. And that brings us around again to another Wednesday night, which I just spent watching Dawson's Creek and Glory Days. Fun fun fun!

No comments: