Tuesday, May 11, 2004

A D8ton Minute

This weekend, I went to Dayton, Ohio to visit my friend Anne and her husband Tim. There were several things on the agenda for the weekend. Meeting their new puppy, seeing Anne's new haircut, going to Trader Joe's for the first time, but most importantly, seeing the new Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen movie, New York Minute, on opening night.

When I got to Dayton, we had some delicious Chipotle. I had a big vegetarian burrito, and the lady hooked me up with a lot of guacamole. After dinner, Anne and I went shopping for a bit then headed over to the theater. We were early so we got some stickers made with our pictures on them in a little booth. Dang, and I forgot to bring my stickers home with me! Oh well. Anyway when it was time we headed into the theater. I had been expecting the movie to be pretty bad, and that I would be wincing the whole time. It turned out to be pretty good though, and it had me laughing through the whole thing. It was fun because a bunch of punk kids sat in our row and obviously came in jest, but they seemed to be enjoying themselves as well. There were only 20 people in the theater.







After the movie, we went back to Anne and Tim's, had some beers, and chilled in the hot tub. The next morning, we went yard sailing. I got some sweet vintage blingbling jewelry. After that, we walked Anne's dog Watts then got ice cream for lunch! We got these low fat frozen custard blizzards with Snickers mixed in. It was awesome. The weather was beautiful so we ate them on Anne's deck.

Then we got together a bunch of people and went to see Mean Girls. It was pretty good, but I would have to say I enjoyed New York Minute more. After the movie it was dinner time so we decided to cook out. My first cookout of the season! We made cheeseburgers, baked beans and corn. We also picked up some potato salad and chips and salsa. Everything was delicious. After dinner it was time for some more beers and hot tub. What a relaxing weekend.

Sunday morning I got to go to Trader Joe's for my first time. I bought SO much stuff. We will be eating delicious and interesting meals for a MONTH! I really wish I lived closer to one, what a cool store. It was time to head back to Athens. A friend of the family was throwing a 25th wedding anniversary party at their house, a potluck. I didn't know it was a potluck until I called my mom from the car, so I just picked up some crackers and hummus. This potluck was one of the most delicious potlucks I've ever been to. There were two kinds of sushi, stuffed grape leaves (the hit of the party!), four awesome types of cheese (with crackers), grapes, strawberries, shrimp cocktail, barbecued chicken, two kinds of barbecued ribs, orzo salad, rice with edamame and beans, pasta with prosciutto, peas and parmesan, brownies, chocolate chip cookies, blueberry cobbler and butter cake with chocolate frosting. I tried everything but the brownies. I was just TOO full. It was awesome.

Monday and today were pretty regular days. The weather was beautiful on Monday so I got to go ride my bike on the bike path. Today I wasn't feeling well so I stayed home sick. I slept a lot, and watched a movie on the couch. I'm feeling mostly better now, I think I'll be able to go in tomorrow, I still have a headache though. The best part of the day was Charlie in his tub. See, if he lays down with you on the couch, he usually doesn't want to stay very long. However, if he's in something, he will want to stay forever. Today, he got in this plastic tub, and Adam carried him over to me on the couch. He stayed there for HOURS!!! He is so funny. Adam took some pictures:













After the movie, I laid around and watched some TV and had dinner and now I'm ready for bed. I thought I would update my web site real quick before bed and guess who decided to join me? Charlie! Yep sometimes he sits on my lap and helps me edit html.











No comments: