Saturday, May 01, 2004

Mom's Marvelous Malibu Mango Maui

Today was a gorgeous day! It was sunny and the perfect temperature. Summer and I went to our friend Carrie's bridal shower potluck. Mmm. I brought chocolate banana bread. I must say, this particular loaf was delicious. Moist and chocolatey. Mmm. There was awesome food there: fried chicken, mashed potatoes, TWO DIFFERENT black bean dishes (double yum!), fruit with chocolate fondue, guacamole, salsa, spinach dip with pumpernickel bread, and more! Then there was also the shower cake which was the cutest. It was bright aqua with purple, pink and yellow flowers on top. It was also DELICIOUS, because it was lemon. One of my favorite flavors of cake. Oh and mint chocolate chip ice cream too. It was a great lunch.

I went to the shower with Summer, and afterwards she came over. We sat out on the patio and played cards and listened to music. She had brought a new drink concoction that she created. It starts with this wonderful new Minute Maid drink, one of their "Lite" series. It's the Mango Tropical flavor. Then she added some regular rum, and also some Malibu run. The result? A delicious summertime beverage. It was so delicious in fact, that we decided to name it! Since my Mom introduced us to the wonderful world of Minute Maid Lite beverages, we decided to name it Mom's Marvelous Malibu Mango Maui, or "MMMMM!" for short! Hahah GET IT?

So yeah we played Gin Rummy and I won. After that I wrote a letter to my friend Amanda who is in Africa right now with the Peace Corps. When it finally got too dark outside to see I headed indoors. I made Pita Pizzas for dinner and chilled with a magazine. Mary Kate and Ashley are on the cover of the May Allure so yeah I bought it. Hahah and when I bought it, the cashier held it up and waved it around to the bagboy and said "Only 49 days Mike, only 49 days!" Then he rolled his eyes and commented on how he had seen a TV special where they were counting down the days til the Olsen Twins become legal, and how some people need to get a life.

My brother-in-law emailed me some cute pictures of their kitties. Want to meet Mer and Pete's kitties? Of course you do! From left to right, I bring you Ed, Buster, and Lily:





No comments: