Sunday, October 10, 2004

A Relaxing Weekend

This was a great weekend. You could count it starting Thursday night, since that was a fun night. It was $5 poker night at my house. Yumi, Summer, Suzanne, Mike and I played. I was the third to last person to go out. Summer won! Poker is so fun because you also get to enjoy cheezits, shrimp, beers, pretzels, chips and salsa, etc. Friday night, Summer came over and we watched five episodes of Felicity! I got the 3rd season for my birthday, so we’re plowing through it. Man, is the third season good.

Saturday, Mom and I went to Parkersburg. We were going to go to the Olive Garden for lunch, for soup and salad, but it was freaking PACKED. Instead we went to Sam’s Club and ate free samples for lunch. It was the JACKPOT. We got two different kinds of panfried fish, a little piece of chicken cordon blue, a little piece of seasoned chicken, a little piece of pizza (I dropped my first one into the shopping cart, through the slots and onto the floor. It paused its descent to wipe itself all over my purse. I had to ask the lady for a new slice), a little M&M candy bar, and a little piece of pumpkin cheesecake! We were lucky they had that many samples that day.

Saturday night I went to The Union with Yumi for a couple of drinks. Afterward, Adam and I made snacks and played Trivial Pursuit. Neither of us won because we got too tired, but we were both doing pretty well!

Sunday I read for six hours straight. I wanted to finish my book and I did. I read The Secret History, by Donna Tartt. Meredith bought it for me for Christmas, and I finally got around to reading it. I LOVED it. It’s easily one of my favorite books I’ve ever read.

No comments: