Monday, January 21, 2002

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today was a pretty average day at work. I went to aerobics again tonight. Owwww... HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! It's my mom's birthday. I got her the Queen double disc set and she loved it! Otherwise, nothing eventful. Adam and I were supposed to see The Royal Tenenbaums tonight, but now we're going to go on Thursday, and probably get dinner first. I can't wait to see that movie! Oh! I had a VERY bizarre dream. I dreamt that my parents were having a small dinner party thing, and my friend Schuster came over because he was my date. Although I knew in the back of my head that he was just a *pretend* date, because I was *really* dating Adam! But I think in the dream, Schuster thought it was a real date?? All I know is that I was getting ready and putting my makeup on and i began to use my pink eyeshadow. I was applying it as eyeliner and Schuster got really mad and said that he doesn't like that color and doesn't want me to put it on. I said "too bad!" and continued to apply. He said that if I don't stop, he's going to leave.

So I kept going and he stormed out to my parents' back porch, where he sulked. So then, mt friend Claudia and I started to make homemade temporary tattoos to put on my eyelids. We were making these strange drawings of a bunny and a rainbow. (So I finished them and applied them to my eyelids. AFTER they both were on, we noticed that Claudia forgot to put the eyes and the nose on her bunny. So I had to wash them off. Then I settled for pink metallic eyeliner, gold metallic eye shadow, and teal metallic accents, such as browbone and sweeping cat-eye effect So we all went in to eat with everybody else. I decided that I should probably go convince schuster to come in, even though I KNEW he'd HATE my makeup. So I went in and he had his arms crossed in denial and wouldn't look at me and was being really stubborn. He said it was completely unfair and that I wouldn't listen to him. I just kept telling him that he's being stupid and to get over it and it's none of his business and stuff. Because I knew that I didn't really have to worry about being nice, because I was *really* dating Adam, so it didn't matter if I hurt Schuster's feelings because there was nothing at stake!! Or something like that.

Anyway, I think I convinced him. Then I was at the dinner table and Stewart (my dad's boss, and MY boss's husband) arrived with this huge machine. He set it on top of the dining room table. It was painted red and yellow striped, and had fancy carved gold metal accents and trim. It looked like something you'd see at a carnival. It also looked like something you'd see in a Dr. Suess book, because it had tons of bells and whistles and little chutes and tubes, and it turns out it was a BEER MACHINE! Except it made beer that looked like coffee w/ cream, and it tasted like the most delicious coffee you've ever had. But it was BEER! and it came rolling down the little chutes and tubes and conveyor belts and stuff. Anyway it was a weird dream. I need to tell Schuster about it! So we ended up making chocolate milkshakes tonight instead. And they were DELICIOUS!

No comments: